In an ideal world every home would have an extra room that is decorated and set aside for friends and family who are visiting. Unfortunately, this may not always be the case as any extra room is generally on double duty as an office, a home gym, a craft room, or storage space. These functions can certainly limit space for a bed and have homeowners looking for a more convenient option.
If you donâ€™t have an extra room or if your living room often hosts overnight guests, consider a sofa bed. This convenient piece of furniture acts as a couch during the day and can easily turn into a bed for the evening with minimal effort.
If you are looking for a sofa bed, here are a few things to consider before making this purchase.
– Mattress Type. It is always best to test the mattress before making the purchase so while in the store, make sure you give it a try. You would like your guests to have a good sleep!
– Weight. Since this piece of furniture is acting as both bed and couch, it can prove to be fairly heavy. Consider the weight and how youâ€™ll get it into your space but also recognize that weight is also an indicator of durability.
– Size. Make sure you measure the space and take into account the sofa bed when itâ€™s fully extended. It likely wonâ€™t take up more room than any other couch, but remember that your living room or den needs to accommodate the fully extended bed.
– Mechanisms. Try to extend and then retract the sofa bed and ensure that everything operates smoothly. Youâ€™ll also want to check for any nasty snag points that could ruin a good pair of sheets or a guestâ€™s clothing.
– Sit on it! If your sofa bed will spend the majority of its life as a couch, test it out as you would any other couch. You want to be comfortable while tucked up reading a book or watching a game, so ensure that the cushions are of a quality youâ€™d expect in any other piece of furniture.
– Check the frame. Metal is your most durable option for the mechanism and kiln dried wood is essential for the sofa frame for solid, long lasting choice.
Then come by Barrymore and see how a quality Canadian-made sofa bed can work for you.